Holland, MI Posted: 7/30/2019
Precision metal shop has openings for press operators
This position is running a preset press. All materials will be brought to the press by hi lo drivers. The press operator is responsible for operating the press, checking specs using micrometers and calipers, banding and boxing then putting on a skid.
- Check parts for conformance to specifications using gages, calipers, micrometers, steel rule, and other precision measuring devices;
- Perform calculations (adding, dividing, multiplying, and subtracting) as necessary to determine locations of part features, such as holes, slots, and ribs, working from dimensional drawings, using shop math involving fractions and decimals;
- Load material through straighteners and feeds into dies;
- Package and label finished parts as necessary;
- Select, cross reference, and copy proper prints, verify and correct errors, plan courses of action in absence of generally used specifications
- Have knowledge of all machines safety devices and insure they are installed properly.
- Complete appropriate paperwork (production cards, move tickets, etc.);
This is very fast paced work and an ideal candidate will have previous experience and be extremely detail oriented! This job is also fairly physical as the boxes can weigh 20-40lbs with the parts in them.
This company only runs a 1st shift at 7-3:30
HS diploma or GED
Clean background check
Able to pass a drug screen
Must have a current resume to be submitted and previous press experience or similar
Interview first position
Already have an account? Log in here