Operator A: 2nd Shift
Holland, MI Posted: 9/14/2020
As a member of a cross-functional team, performs production work to assemble/fabricate a product or sub-assembly in accordance with team goals. Ensures product/process quality and efficiency through inspection and continuous improvement activities. Maintains procedures to provide compliance with quality standards for assigned area. Performs basic preventative maintenance and routine product changeover setups. Maintains material movement systems and completes proper paperwork and documentation. Participates in annual planning process, understanding plant objectives and identifying improvements to help attain goals. Performs other duties as necessary in support of team objectives.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The duties listed below will be performed at different degrees dependent upon the assigned team. Responsibilities include machine operation, light weight or large heavy assembly, material handling, and inspection.
- Performs production work to assemble or fabricate a product or sub-assembly in accordance with team production goals. May perform work manually and/or by machine operation.
- Ensures product and process quality and efficiency through appropriate inspection and continuous improvement problem solving activities. Maintains procedures and standards to provide compliance with quality standards for assigned area.
- Efficiently performs basic preventative maintenance and routine product changeover setups.
- Maintains material movement systems and completes proper paperwork and documentation to guide operations of the team.
- Participates in annual planning process, understanding plant objectives and identifying improvements to help attain goals.
- Report any unsafe condition or action to his or her supervisor.
- Report any work-related injury to his or her supervisor.
- Not operate a machine or equipment until trained in the operating procedures, hazards, and safeguards and has been assigned to do so by the employer.
- Not remove, displace, destroy, or carry off any safeguard or interfere with the use by any other person.
- Use required personal protective equipment or devices where required.
- Assists in development and implementation of quality procedures, work instructions and standards. Understands Magna Mirrors Holland’s quality policy and assures compliance with ISO/IATF systems.
- Performs other duties as necessary in support of team objectives.
- Ability to maintain procedures and standards.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to operate within production and quality standards.
- High school diploma; or equivalent. Experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
- Demonstrated good communication and interpersonal skills in order to work effectively in a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to operate within production and quality standards; including being able to operate/utilize all job-related equipment. Equipment may include fork-lift, hand tools, production machinery, etc.
- Drug Screen and Background; some backgrounds are considered.
Already have an account? Log in here