Gluer Assistant 2nd shift (Blue Team)
Holland, MI Posted: 11/19/2020
- Loads and feeds cartons into the feed station.
- Prints out one label containing job ticket information for each pack-out and places it at the packing station. (i.e. – quantity per case, quantity per roll, how many tiers, etc.)
- Checks with the operator to determine what line item will be run and then brings the job ticket to the warehouse to get the appropriate corrugated released. Brings the corrugated back to the packing station.
- Sets up the packing station and the tape machine to accommodate specific carton sizes.
- Packs cartons into boxes according to the quantities listed on the packing instructions (per the job ticket).
- Inspects quality of cartons including offset, register, color, scum, gluing, skewing, air hammer damage, and general appearance of cartons. Informs gluer operator or finishing supervisor of quality concerns.
- Pulls random carton samples from each run according to customer specifications.
- Responsible for pulling two flat samples and six glued samples for each item on the job ticket. Also responsible for writing the job ticket number and customer name on each carton and putting them in the WestRock sample bin.
- Clears machine and the area within the designated blue clearance line after each carton run and picks up and destroys all foreign cartons. Empties barrels and disposes of scrap corrugated. Removes the last skid from each run with a power hand truck. Signs line clearance paper and checks over all paperwork and labels on the cartons.
- Cleans the machine with an air hose and sweeps the surrounding floor area on a daily basis. (Eye protection and mask required while using air hose.)
- Responsible for timely and accurate completion of all ISO forms and quality checks for each job.
- Performs job duties in accordance with all federal, state, local, and company safety rules.
- Performs other job duties as assigned.
A successful candidate for this position will have basic computer skills; will be able to perform basic arithmetic including addition, subtraction, multiplication and division. Every individual placed at this company will be looked at as a "potential, hire-in" candidate. So, being at work everyday and on time will play a big part of getting hired in. You must be okay with overtime, during their peak seasons, this company is known to work 10-12 hour days!!
Hours are 6 p.m. - 6 a.m
All candidates must go through a nationwide criminal background check; no violent, drug-related or theft felonies or misdemeanors accepted. Very thorough screening done on candidates.
Already have an account? Log in here