Industrial Vacuum Equipment Technician
FENNVILLE, MI Posted: 2/1/2021
This is a full-time position.
Company is the premier industrial vacuum equipment repair and service company in the vacuum heat treat industry. We solve problems that keep our customers operating at peak efficiency throughout North America. Our employees work in a technically challenging environment with advanced computerized machine tools. You will receive extensive training and work in a team-oriented culture.
• Disassembles assigned vacuum equipment.
• Analyses and, in coordination with the Plant Manager, identifies parts and work to be performed to restore equipment to factory condition.
• Cleans and hot tanks parts as directed.
• Repairs and reassembles assigned vacuum equipment.
• Attends on-site service visits to provide preventative maintenance and repairs to vacuum equipment as needed.
• Performs vacuum equipment testing to include Helium leak testing.
• Achieves and maintains certification for forklift and crane operation.
• Acquires commercial driver’s license.
• Must be able to lift, carry, and place merchandise and supplies up to 50 pounds without assistance
• Frequent standing and walking for long periods of time.
• Frequent reaching overhead and below the knees, including squatting, bending, stooping, kneeling, twisting.
• Communicate effectively in person, by telephone, or by using telecommunications equipment.
• Enters and locates information on computer.
• Presents information to small and large groups.
• Visually verifies information, often in small print.
• Requires high school diploma.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision on projects individually and periodically with small teams.
• Proficiency in English language
• Mechanical aptitude/background (relevant education a substitute for experience)
• Strong customer service skills.
• Strong verbal communication skills
• Ability to interpret technical instructions in diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables
Already have an account? Log in here