Press Operator -1st shift
Holland, MI Posted: 2/5/2021
Precision metal shop has opening for machine operator. Direct hire is available for candidates with excellent work history specific to the particular job and temp-to-hire can be considered for those that have less experience or would like an entry level position.
- Check parts for conformance to specifications using gages, calipers, micrometers, steel rule, and other precision measuring devices;
- Perform calculations (adding, dividing, multiplying, and subtracting) as necessary to determine locations of part features, such as holes, slots, and ribs, working from dimensional drawings, using shop math involving fractions and decimals;
- Load material through straighteners and feeds into dies;
- Package and label finished parts as necessary;
- Select, cross reference, and copy proper prints, verify and correct errors, plan courses of action in absence of generally used specifications
- Have knowledge of all machines safety devices and insure they are installed properly.
- Complete appropriate paperwork (production cards, move tickets, etc.);
- Comply with all safety policies, practices and procedures. Report all unsafe activities to supervisor and/or Human Resources.
- Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Provide leadership to others through example and sharing of knowledge/skill.
- Perform necessary housekeeping activities to keep area clean and safe
HS diploma or GED
Clean background check
Able to pass a drug screen
Must have a current resume to be submitted and previous press experience or similar
Interview first position
Already have an account? Log in here