DIRECT HIRE: Shipping/Receiving Clerk 1st
Holland, MI Posted: 3/11/2021
Precision metal shop has opening for a Shipping/Receiving Clerk. Direct hire is available for candidates with excellent work history specific to the particular job and temp-to-hire can be considered for those that have less experience or would like an entry level position.
- Ensure all priorities generated either internally or externally are scheduled and dispatched as promised;
- Organize loading of finished goods and shipments to outside vendor. Ensure all necessary paperwork is provided for shipments to shipping clerk;
- Ensure all incoming shipments are verified for quantities, number of cartons and descriptions against packing slips or bills of laden. Also visual inspection for shipping damage;
- Maintain organization and good housekeeping in the shipping and receiving areas;
- Distribution of packing slips and bills of laden each morning;
- Schedule carriers for outgoing shipments;
- Responsible for area cleanliness;
- Periodically order shipping supplies.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must have clean driving record
- Comply with all safety policies, practices and procedures. Report all unsafe activities to supervisor and/or Human Resources.
- Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Provide leadership to others through example and sharing of knowledge/skill.
- Mathematical Skills
- Computer Operations
- Obtain a hilo license
- Medium to heavy lifting may be required
A high school education; or at least one year related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Already have an account? Log in here