Feeder Operator 2nd shift (blue team)
Holland, MI Posted: 4/12/2021
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Clears machine before and after each run and picks up and destroys all foreign material. Empties all waste receptacles located within the blue line area.
- Reviews job ticket and selects the proper type and quantity of paper. Loads and unloads paper. Inspects paper for defects or damage.
- Obtains proper ink from ink room and fills ink fountains. Maintains proper levels of ink at all times.
- Mixes water fountain solution and sets up dampening system. Maintains proper levels of water. Checks PH balance and conductivity reading of water.
- Sets up and operates the mechanical press feeder.
- Assists the press operator in the mounting of plates, blankets, and packing.
- Moves loads of printed and unprinted stock when necessary.
- Performs routine adjustments during the press run.
- Performs housekeeping duties as directed. Keeps sufficient supply of chemicals and clean rags at the press. Responsible for keeping the press area clean at all times.
- Responsible for timely and accurate completion of all ISO forms and quality checks for each job.
- Marks up printed sheet for coating knockouts. Checks the sheet against the mylar.
- Performs job duties in accordance with all federal, state, local, and company safety rules.
- Performs other job duties as assigned.
Set up and operation of automatic feeder. Assisting the press operator with set up, repair and maintenance. All aspects of keeping the machine running
- All jewelry must be removed – at this time, this does not include facial piercings. We are working with Sr. Management to allow them. Smart watches must be put in a pocket or worn around ankle.
- No sweatshirts with hoodies or strings.
- Lycra, yoga pants, cotton leggings are permitted as long as they are of solid color --- black, navy or grey.
- Three-ply masks must be worn at all times while in the facility. They may be removed in the lunchroom only when eating 6’ away from another person.
- Only water in clear containers with re-closable opening of 1” or less is allowed. An Aquafina bottle less than 24’ ounces would be acceptable. Drinks cannot be poured into other containers on the production floor.
- No food or candy in the production area.
- Prescriptions and/or over the counter medications are not allowed in production. The only exception is when a medical condition warrants. These exceptions must be approved by HR.
- No tobacco products in the manufacturing areas. Smoking, tobacco chewing and “vaping” devices are to be used/consumed outside
- Composite toe shoes are a requirement – this is not new.
High school diploma or GED
Clean criminal background
Hours are 6 pm to 6 am
Already have an account? Log in here