Bindery Assistant 1st shift
Holland, MI Posted: 4/12/2021
Innovative printing and packaging company located in Holland is looking for a bindery assistant.
GENERAL PURPOSE: Assist bindery operator on various finishing equipment and perform hand-bindery work.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Drills holes in paper sheets, manually or by machine.
• Removes, stacks, and packs printed material in various stages of completion on pallets as it accumulates on finishing equipment.
• Examines stitched, collated, bound, and unbound publications to assure jobs are completed in accordance with customer quality requirements.
• Hand collates sets of printed materials, inserts sheets, applies adhesive tape or hot glue, and applies labels according to the job ticket.
• Form sample products by hand using adhesive tape or hot glue.
• Sets up and operates shrink wrapping equipment. Packs wrapped product in boxes and applies tape and labels.
• Weighs printed material on the counting scale.
• Operates the hand-held air hammer.
• Operates paper banding machine.
• Assists the operator on the folder, stitcher trimmer, and cutter when needed.
• Completes bindery portion of the job ticket and label information.
• Assists in the gluing department as required.
• Performs job duties in accordance with all federal, state, local, and company safety rules.
• Performs other job duties as assigned.
Must be able to pass a drug screen
Must have a clean criminal background
- All jewelry must be removed – at this time, this does not include facial piercings. We are working with Sr. Management to allow them. Smart watches must be put in a pocket or worn around ankle.
- No sweatshirts with hoodies or strings.
- Lycra, yoga pants, cotton leggings are permitted as long as they are of solid color --- black, navy or grey.
- Three-ply masks must be worn at all times while in the facility. They may be removed in the lunchroom only when eating 6’ away from another person.
- Only water in clear containers with re-closable opening of 1” or less is allowed. An Aquafina bottle less than 24’ ounces would be acceptable. Drinks cannot be poured into other containers on the production floor.
- No food or candy in the production area.
- Prescriptions and/or over the counter medications are not allowed in production. The only exception is when a medical condition warrants. These exceptions must be approved by HR.
- No tobacco products in the manufacturing areas. Smoking, tobacco chewing and “vaping” devices are to be used/consumed outside
- Composite toe shoes are a requirement – this is not new.
Already have an account? Log in here