SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
1. The ability to set up saw by making the proper adjustments.
2. The ability to change saw blade and lubricate machine.
3. The ability to maintain proper functioning of dust collector pipe.
4. The ability to pick up boards up to 75” in length, and to properly position them to remove rough edging.
5. The ability to operate / use small hand tools, pallet jack and lift truck.
6. The ability to read routings, schedules and other documents which determine proper manner in which to cut boards.
7. Able to distinguish variations in color to adequately match color in product which requires it.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
1. Demonstrated proficiency in operating and maintaining equipment.
2. The ability to visually identify defects in lumber to optimize yield when operating the saw.
3. The ability to work at a sustained, rapid pace.
4. Physical ability for prolonged standing and lifting of light to medium weight lumber, and to operate the saw to maximize yield.
6. At least six months of experience is typically required to become proficient in this position.
1. A relatively high noise level exists in the area, in which it is often necessary to shout to be heard.
2. Some dust exposure also exists.
3. The position periodically requires working on scaffolding and high places.
Must pass drugscreen and meet background requirements.