Zeeland, MI Posted: 4/27/2021
A local Zeeland company who is the nation's largest private clock manufacture has openings! This manufacture makes an array of grandfather, wall, and mantel clocks, curio, cabinets, wine, and spirit furnishing, rugs, and home furniture as well as memorial urns. Direct hire is available for candidates with excellent work history specific to the particular job and temp-to-hire can be considered for those that have less experience or would like an entry level position.
Under general supervision but according to established procedures and exacting standards, operates a pressurized spray gun to apply various finishing products. Sprays stain, sealer, or lacquer ensuring consistency of application and avoiding overspray or “runs”.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Obtains necessary finish materials (as necessary) from storage area or notifies the Lead Person/Utility Person of needed products.
- Prepares work area by ensuring that filters have been replaced, that exhaust is operational, that guns are working effectively and that other necessary equipment is available.
- Operates pressurized spray gun to apply various finishing products. Applies colorized products in an even and consistent manner that provides uniformity of appearance while avoiding overspray. Applies lacquer in a manner that ensures complete coverage and uniformity of appearance while avoiding lacquer “runs”. May spray products while stationary or, in the case of floor clocks, while the product is moving at a predetermined rate on mobile “beds”; must work at a pace which ensures consistency of application but maintains line speed.
- Observes products as they are sprayed and calls supervisory attention to defects in material or production.
- Closely observes the color of stains applied as new work orders enter the finish room. Ensures that appropriate stain is applied and that the color of stain appears to match the standard.
- May rotate from station to station depending on staffing and the particular product under production at a given time.
Skills and Abilities Required:
- Physical ability required for continuous standing and walking, as well as the ability to hold light weights (spray gun) at arms length for extended periods. Some lifting of light to moderate weights, along with the ability to bend, twist and turn is also required.
- The ability to work at a constant, predetermined rate of speed, to concentrate for extended periods of time, and to closely attend visually to the quality of application.
- The ability to perceive clarity of color and finish and to detect unwanted variations.
Knowledge and Experience Required:
- The ability to follow oral and written instructions is required although a high school level of knowledge is preferred.
- Six to nine months of experience in order to gain a thorough understanding of the various production and quality standards, and to become adept at the techniques of application specific to the various materials and products.
- Experience is a plus otherwise must be willing to be trained for a skilled trade.
Already have an account? Log in here