Saw Operator Aramid 3rd
Zeeland, MI Posted: 4/27/2021
Using appropiate saw to cut honeycomb material into designated shape and size to meet customer and company specifications. Inspect and prepare finished material for shipment.
- Startup/verify secondary equipment (vacuum blower, dust collector) is operating.
- Check schedule to determine next order to proces.
- Read work order instructions and process specifications.
- Use overhead crane to load/unload Aramid blocks from saw table.
- Set up and run horizontal band saw to cut slices to specified thickness.
- Change saw blades and guides using small hand tools.
- Iron backing material onto blocks.
- Measure blocks and slices using tape measure and micrometer.
- Load slices into clean core machine to remove dust and measure thickness.
- Print label and tag individual slices.
- Inspect blocks and slices for quality issues.
- Complete associated paperwork.
- Enter process and work order information into computer system to maintain accurate records.
- Monitor equipment and make setup adjustments as necessary.
- Communicate with managament representatives regarding any material or equipment concerns.
- Record production and scrap information on team board charts.
- Maintain an inventory of supplies. Notify Supervisor when re-order level is reached.
- Assist in performing quarterly inventory checks.
- Assist in other departments as necessary.
- Provide the customer with the best value including Cost, Quality, and Delivery by being efficient, productive and careful.
- Actively participate in improving our product, processes, equipment and methods.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment at all times including waste/scrap removal and cleanup of equipment.
- Perform all reasonably related duties as assigned.
Already have an account? Log in here