A local Zeeland company who is the nation's largest private clock manufacture has openings! This manufacture makes an array of grandfather, wall, and mantel clocks, curio, cabinets, wine, and spirit furnishing, rugs, and home furniture as well as memorial urns. Direct hire is available for candidates with excellent work history specific to the particular job and temp-to-hire can be considered for those that have less experience or would like an entry level position.
Under general supervision sets up and operates rip saw, including planning cutting procedures to maximize yield, and recognizing / compensating for warp, twist and green defects
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Recognizes and corrects surface and dimension irregularities.
2. Utilizes glue and clamping techniques to ensure proper form and bond.
3. Cleans and maintains equipment.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
1. Physical ability for prolonged standing and lifting/moving lumber of light to medium weight.
2. The ability to use independent judgment to assess surface condition and determine appropriate glue and clamping techniques.
3. Familiarity with equipment to enable the incumbent to clean and properly maintain it.
4. Ability to understand routings, load tags, and cut schedule to determine and assure parts are processed in the proper manner.