House Manager, Med Tech, Home Health Aide 2nd shift ( Grand Rapids location)
Grand Rapids, MI Posted: 5/20/2021
We strive to create a lifestyle of independence, security and peace of mind for our residents and their families. It is through our dedicated and caring staff that our culture is exemplified in service, accountability, teamwork and compassion.
Create a positive and supportive team atmosphere within the home, where all staff members contribute and are valued. Provide leadership to the team by providing support and direction to staff. Identify opportunities for improvement and actively participate in their implementation. Coordinate and communicate with the support team to maintain, promote and monitor residents’ health and wellness.
- Rounds on your assigned shifts noting general health of residents if any outstanding issues notify ED or their designated representative.
- Ensure that all documentation regarding medications and care is completed (for all shifts)
- Serve as the primary med pass staff
- Review the communication log and update as necessary and that staff is initialing that they are reading the communication log
- Review and update (with ED) the care plans for all residents in their building
- Call the hospital daily on residents that are in the hospital to assist with discharge planning. Note the phone call in the communication log (Eldermark when in place for Serenity Home).
- When you receive new orders for any medication (discharge from hospital or a physician visit) insure that they are sent to the ED for review and approval in the EMR. If you note any discrepancy the ED or their designated representative must be notified for clarification and any changes needed.
- 1st line of contact for home care agencies, guardians, hospitals, families and physicians. Report to ED during daily rounds any outstanding concerns.
- Ensure that your building is always tour ready. Open beds are made and in model condition. Report to ED any maintenance needs.
- Make sure time sheet is updated and ready for ED approval
- Supervise direct care staff and discuss any concerns with ED.
- Bring well thought out solutions to problems to the ED.
- BE a good steward financially when supervising home (meal prep, housekeeping, ect)
- These duties are not all inclusive and may be modified by the ED or management at any time
- Ability to successfully complete training required for position
- Eighteen (18) years of age
- Ability to work every other weekend
- The ability to communicate, both verbally and in writing, in a clear concise manner
- The ability to interact with people in a positive and supportive manner
- Two references deemed acceptable
- Current valid driver’s license or State ID
- Willing to train/ No experience needed
- Background required; Background considered
Already have an account? Log in here