Holland, MI Posted: 5/24/2021
Under limited supervision by the General Manager, the Installation Manager manages the installation process for the entire organization. This position ensures that customer needs are met by coordinating the entire installation process, scheduling customers and installers, and ensuring quality installations and excellent customer service, including follow up.
- Head responsibility to plan, schedule, organize, oversee and remotely manage all aspects of installation projects.
- Interacts daily with Sales Representatives, Installers, Installation Coordinator and customers to coordinate timely and efficient installation procedures.
- Reviews blueprints and sales orders for correctness and completeness. Ensures conformance to client specifications plus any applicable company requirements.
- Ensures quality customer service and any needs regarding installations are being met. Reviews and responds to escalated and resolving problems, and ensures all customer follow up is complete. Escalates any issues to Sales Manager if requests, etc aren’t followed thru.
- Ensures installation procedures and safety polices, including job/business-specific safety policies and procedures, are being communicated and followed by employees.
- Ensures drawings are attached to work orders. Pushes back to other departments for appropriate drawings, and gets Sales Manager involved if not received upon the first request.
- Reviews and manages the Installation Exception Report and Used Product Report to ensure all product is being shipped.
- Keeps good documentation as to what step the orders are at, customer communication, etc.
- Coordinates the delivery of case goods.
- Develops and oversees training and development methods for the Installation Department, including contract employees.
- Develops installation training requirements for salespeople.
- Provides everyday leadership to install team.
- Executes supervisory responsibility complying with organization’s policy as well as applicable laws.
- Communicates with other departments and employees related to installation projects.
- Utilizes Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Scheduler, Giza and Sage to effectively perform job functions.
- Other duties as assigned.
Directly supervises 8-12 employees, as well as outside contract installers, within the Installation Department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; effective planning, scheduling, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems in a timely manner.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed in this job description are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School Diploma or GED, and 2 - 4 years of related experience and training.
- One year of scheduling experience.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, plus analytical, organizational, interpersonal and problem solving skills.
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook. Must be able to learn and effectively utilize Scheduler, Giza and Sage.
- Excellent time management and follow up skills, and the ability to multi-task and prioritize work.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIE
- Associate’s Degree in Business.
- Three to five years of related experience in scheduling and installation management.
- Experience in a fast-paced environment.
Drug screen required
- Effectively resolves complex scheduling challenges, inventory issues and tight deadlines.
- Must be able to understand the installation work that is performed by installers, as well as timing involved for installs, in order to perform above duties. This requires some travel and training time on the road with installers.
- Capability of effective planning and priority setting. Ability to manage several complex projects simultaneously while working under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Must be adaptable to changing work environment, competing demands, and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- Ability to solve problems and make decisions with little information, vague information, variable situations, in difficult situations, high stress situations, and/or where only limited standardization exists.
- Analytical and problem solving skills: Ability to calculate numbers and problem solve thru complex issues. Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare and develop reports and correspondence.
- Ability to use independent judgment and to manage and impart confidential information.
- Communication proficiency: Ability to read, write, speak and understand English fluently. Must have a professional and courteous manner when dealing with others.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to read and interpret documents, such as safety rules, blueprints, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Critical thinking: Uses logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Organizes and prioritizes large volumes of information.
- Personal effectiveness / credibility.
- Must be organized, thorough, have a high level of accuracy, and pay attention to details.
- Ethical conduct.
- Learning orientation.
- Maintains regular attendance and timeliness.
- Provides efficient and effective customer service.
Already have an account? Log in here