Holland, MI Posted: 6/2/2021
Work from daily schedule to maintain plant, office, and grounds in clean, safe condition.
- Ensure the cleanliness and orderliness of all areas of the building, as well as surrounding areas around the exterior when necessary.
- Responsible for own work preparation and accomplishing routine work without supervision.
- Keep lavatories clean and stocked with necessary supplies.
- Waste and scrap removal -may assist with building repair, painting, and other projects.
- Properly identify, sort, and place recyclable materials in storage containers to help comply with environmental regulations, environmental recycling programs, and associated goals and objectives.
- Operate floor buffer and carpet shampoo equipment, as necessary.
- Responsible for requisitioning own supplies and equipment. Evaluate materials for required documentation, defects, and potential environmental hazards. Notify appropriate personnel of non-conformances.
- Train temporary employees helping in housekeeping when necessary.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma/GED
- Two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos in English. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employee's of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written and oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Driver's license -may need to drive to pick up for supplies if necessary.
- Employee is regularly required to walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl: and use verbal and listening skills. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10lbs. and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50lbs.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions; risk of electrical shock; and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Criminal background required, however, some felonies older than 2 years can be considered
- No cell-phone in building policy enforced
Already have an account? Log in here