ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Uses reports and production schedules to coordinate and prepare for common and contract carrier shipments.
- Uses common shipping and packaging materials to fabricate containers, pallets, and protective enclosures in order to protect product for shipment.
- Utilizes hand, power and pneumatic tools, banding equipment, stretch wrapping devices while in the process of packaging product for shipment.
- Utilizes receiving and purchase order documentation to verify correct counts, sizes, models and part numbers and colors of received goods.
- Uses web-based tools to calculate and report common carrier and FedEx shipping rates and costs
- Reads work order or follows oral instructions to ascertain materials or containers to be moved.
- Loads and unloads materials onto or from pallets, trays, racks, and shelves by hand.
- Loads materials into vehicles and installs strapping, bracing, or padding to prevent shifting or damage in transit.
- Conveys materials from storage or work sites to designated area.
- Counts, weighs, and records number of units of materials moved or handled on daily production sheet.
- Lifts heavy objects by hand.
- Operates industrial fork truck to assist in loading or moving materials and products.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, plus analytical, organizational, interpersonal and problem solving skills.
- Effective computer skills and experience in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent time management and follow up skills, and the ability to multi-task and prioritize work.
Ability to read a limited number of two- and three-syllable words and to recognize similarities and differences between words and between series of numbers. Ability to print and speak simple sentences.
Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to walk; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 100 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include distance vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.