1st shift Feeder Operator (yellow team)
Holland, MI Posted: 6/8/2021
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Clears machine before and after each run and picks up and destroys all foreign material. Empties all waste receptacles located within the blue line area.
- Reviews job ticket and selects the proper type and quantity of paper. Loads and unloads paper. Inspects paper for defects or damage.
- Obtains proper ink from ink room and fills ink fountains. Maintains proper levels of ink at all times.
- Mixes water fountain solution and sets up dampening system. Maintains proper levels of water. Checks PH balance and conductivity reading of water.
- Sets up and operates the mechanical press feeder.
- Assists the press operator in the mounting of plates, blankets, and packing.
- Moves loads of printed and unprinted stock when necessary.
- Performs routine adjustments during the press run.
- Performs housekeeping duties as directed. Keeps sufficient supply of chemicals and clean rags at the press. Responsible for keeping the press area clean at all times.
- Responsible for timely and accurate completion of all ISO forms and quality checks for each job.
- Marks up printed sheet for coating knockouts. Checks the sheet against the mylar.
- Performs job duties in accordance with all federal, state, local, and company safety rules.
- Performs other job duties as assigned.
- All jewelry must be removed – at this time, this does not include facial piercings. We are working with Sr. Management to allow them. Smart watches must be put in a pocket or worn around ankle.
- No sweatshirts with hoodies or strings.
- Lycra, yoga pants, cotton leggings are permitted as long as they are of solid color --- black, navy or grey.
- Three-ply masks must be worn at all times while in the facility. They may be removed in the lunchroom only when eating 6’ away from another person.
- Only water in clear containers with re-closable opening of 1” or less is allowed. An Aquafina bottle less than 24’ ounces would be acceptable. Drinks cannot be poured into other containers on the production floor.
- No food or candy in the production area.
- Prescriptions and/or over the counter medications are not allowed in production. The only exception is when a medical condition warrants. These exceptions must be approved by HR.
- No tobacco products in the manufacturing areas. Smoking, tobacco chewing and “vaping” devices are to be used/consumed outside
- Composite toe shoes are a requirement – this is not new
Set up and operation of automatic feeder. Assisting the press operator with set up, repair and maintenance. All aspects of keeping the machine running
High school diploma or GED
Clean criminal background
1st shift - 12 hour days - 6 am to 6 pm
Already have an account? Log in here