Assembly 1st shift
Holland, MI Posted: 6/10/2021
We have DIRECT HIRE jobs waiting for you at our EXCELLENT office furniture manufacture client! This is a company that truly feels more like a family. Great working environment, great people to work with and room to advance and really create a nice career.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Work from verbal and written instructions
- Work effectively in a team environment
- Assist team in meeting goals set for quality, scrap, etc.
- Workmanship is controlled, doesn’t produce scrap
- Read and follow work instructions, processes, procedures
- Understand 5S and lean principles and demonstrate ability to apply them to the assembly process
- Assist the team leader with training
- Correctly fill out scrap / WIP tickets
- Cross train on multiple jobs
- Adhere to general shop 5S housekeeping policies
- Arrive at workstation on time everyday
- Use tools and equipment safely
- Consistently perform error free work, understands quality requirements
- Consistently perform tasks at takt time / operator cycle time
- Utilize business reading and writing skills
- Participate in Continuous Improvement Program
- Consistently work in a safe manner
- Maintain professional behavior and attitude
- Other duties as assigned
- Frequent bending and lifting and/or moving product weighing up to 40 pounds
- This position requires a physical presence on Nuvar’s premises with a minimum of an eight hour day for five days with some overtime.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. If you require a reasonable accommodation to perform the essential functions of this position, you must request accommodation in writing, within 182 days after you know or should know of the need for accommodation. Job requirements are subject to possible modifications to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Nuvar will attempt to provide an accommodation that allows the employee to perform the essential functions of his/her position unless there is a significant risk to the health and safety of the individual or other employees or it creates an undue hardship to Nuvar.
This position is performed primarily in a manufacturing environment which contains dust and material particles in the air. The noise level in the work environment is low and may require the use of personal protective gear when in the manufacturing area. These work environment characteristics are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
High school diploma or equivalent needed
Must be able to pass a pre-employment background screen
Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen
Already have an account? Log in here